Textbook Medical Pharmacology Book is published by Avichal Publishing Company. It is available in English medium. Latest Edition & Uptodate Best Guide Book cum Reference Book for MBBS Exam Preparation. Prepared & designed strictly in accordance with the syllabus and examination pattern – Complete Textbook of Medical Pharmacology (Volumes I and II). A Complete Textbook of Medical Pharmacology is written for undergraduate medical students as per MCI regulations. The book has the following salient features:
• All the topics have been covered uniformly with appropriate emphasis, relevant for undergraduates.
• The concepts have been made clear and mechanism is clearly explained. Clinical uses of groups of drugs are clearly mentioned with preferred agent for each use with reasons thereof, wherever applicable. Adverse effects of drugs/groups of drugs are clearly mentioned in order of importance wherever applicable.
• Certain chapters are especially incorporated to keep pace with the recent developments and to provide a comprehensive text coverage. These include:
1. Nitric Oxide and its role in Therapeutics,
2. Treatment of Shock, Drug Dependence and Drug Abuse,
3. Drug Therapy of Common Bacterial Infections,
4. Ocular Pharmacology,
5. Dental Pharmacology,
6. Therapeutic Gases,
• Common Drug Poisoning,
• Antidotes and Principles of Treatment.
• Comments on Fixed Dose Combinations (FDCs) have been mentioned.
• The formulations available in the Indian market with a few brand names have been included
• Figures, Structures of drugs and Tables are purposeful, relevant and adequate.